15 December 2015, at 11.30, in the Aula Giovanni Paolo II of the Press Office of the Holy See, the Message of the Holy Father Francis for the 49a World Day of Peace (1° January 2016) on the theme Overcome Indifference and win Peace has been presented.
- Card. Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Dr. Flaminia Giovanelli, Undersecretary of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Mr. Vittorio V. Alberti, Official of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Written testimony by H. Exc. Msgr. Michele Pennisi, Archbishop of Monreale, Member of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace (not present in the Conference)
- Written testimony by Don Luigi Ciotti, founder of Gruppo Abele and Associazione Libera (not present in the Conference)
- Testimonies by refugees hosted at Centro Astalli, Rome. Refugees, accompanied by Sr. María José Rey and Ms. Donatella Parisi (Centro Astall'si responsible for communications) said they were glad to have been involved in this initiative. In particular, they were honoured to speak to Cardinal Turkson about their countries of origin and to have been protagonists of important messages of peace to be conveyed to civil society.